Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Stuff I've Learned in Marathon Training

- Protect your nipples on runs over 5 miles

- Use something to guard against chafing on runs over 16 miles

- Music helps you get up steep hills toward the end of a long run

- A good night sleep before and after long runs is essential

- Kurt Robbins is a great running partner (and none of the above rules apply to him)

- The “Wall” occurs when your muscles run out of glycogen. Long training runs build up your muscles’ ability to store glycogen

- If you exercise for over an hour you should drink a sports drink along with water to replenish electrolytes.

- I can burn over 3000 calories in a single workout

- I can easily eat enough to balance out a 3000+ calorie workout.

- Luke doesn’t care how far I’ve run or how sweaty I am, he’s always excited to hug me

- Sarah truly is my biggest fan. She’s sacrificed so much to support me, and she always does it with a sweet, proud smile on her face

No comments: