I'm glad it's Friday.
It's been one of those weeks. The kind where you work hard and get a lot done - but not enough. You have that satisfying fatigue, but you also have that nagging realization that come Monday morning, you're going to be behind before you even begin.
But this isn't just any Friday. It's Good Friday. I always find it a struggle to bring myself back to the reality of what this day truly means. How do I wrap my head around the turning point of human history, an event that occurred almost two thousand years ago? How do I bring that truth into my here and now, this evening, April 10, 2009, after a hard week at work?
It's my struggle today and its my struggle every day. To remember what's really going on in this world. To see the story we're all moving in. To wrestle with the fact that though I can explain away every other blessing of God, all my arguments and protests shatter on the cross. On that Friday, so many years ago, so many miles away, God demonstrated Himself, His nature, His love. To the extent that I can live from that truth, I am truly alive.
And, thankfully, his work was enough. There was nothing left over for Monday morning. It is finished.
Yes, it is a Good Friday.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment